Jan 12, 2019 | By: Captured Moments by Rita and Co.
1. How did you start Captured Moments? Throughout my life I’d always had a passion when it came to photographing anything, anyone! So in the early 1990s, when my girls were up and out, I took many college classes, went to seminars and joined professional organizations and clubs to further learn how to be best prepared for correct posing, proper lighting and editing. It was the perfect foundation for my future business. Those lessons almost seem to be a lost art today but I feel they are essential to getting the proper photograph. Over the years, I’ve seen many trends come and go but what we mainly create are timeless portraits that never get old.
2. How long have you been in the business? 26 years
3. Did you ever have a darkroom? Yes, when I first started in the early 1990s I created a darkroom in my home. I took, developed and printed all of my photos. To me this was a necessary foundation of learning exposure and the printing process.
4. When did you transfer from film to digital? I bought my first digital camera in 2004, kicking all the way! I felt film was the only, best way. I soon learned that digital opened up worlds of creativity and I’ve never look back!
5. Why are printed photographs important? Printing our favorite photos is a return ticket to a moment, otherwise gone. .. It makes our memories more tangible.
6. What makes your company different? I have not just one, but a team of talented artists who combine their expertise and talent to offer sessions for just one person up to whole companies or teams with equal ease. The synergy among us is what is special. We are basically a small, family business who continues to grow and keep up with our changing times.
7. What are some small things that make your day better? A cup of coffee in the morning, a long walk with my dog and holding my new granddaughter.
8. What is something that a ton of people are obsessed with but you just don’t get the point of? Texting instead of talking directly with someone.
9. Where is the most interesting place you’ve been? Bangladesh where my daughter Sydney got married.
10. If all jobs had the same pay and hours, what job would you like to have? Exactly what I am doing right now.. creating and saving memories for people.
11. What would you rate 10 / 10? The service we offer our clients
12. What do you hope never changes? That people will always value a good photograph
13. Where is the most relaxing place you’ve ever been? A small island off the coast of Belize
14. What is the luckiest thing that has happened to you? Finding a team of workers with the same goals and passions that I had.
15. Where do you usually go when you when you have time off? A small coastal town on the coast of South Carolina where we have a 100 year old beach home. It’s like slipping into an old, comfortable pair of shoes!
16. What is special about the place you grew up? I grew up in in the South in Winston-Salem, NC where faith and family were a strong foundation.
17. If you could make one rule that everyone had to follow, what rule would you make? Be kind to each other
18. What are you addicted to? Chocolate
19. What is one of your favorite smells? Salt air at the beach
20. What risks are worth taking? What do you take for granted? The freedoms our country offers
Hey, thanks for stopping by to check out our latest blog post! We are a full service, boutique photography studio located in Scottsdale, Arizona. We specialize in Fine Art Portraiture for families, high school seniors and business professionals.
Use the buttons below to learn more about us!
Serving Phoenix, Scottsdale, Paradise Valley, Chandler, Mesa, Gilbert, Fountain Hills, Tempe, Payson, Prescott and Tucson